background

Monday, December 10, 2012

Manic Monday...

This past week I didn't get much sewing done.  I planned to work on my Kaleidoscope QAL but when I went to get it, I couldn't find it anywhere.  That would mean it is time to clean and organize some more.  I can't believe I have lost a UFO!!

I finished ironing on the letters for the Christmas pillowcases I am making for my nieces, nephews and cousins here in the area (11).  Now I just need to do the hand stitching around the first letter of each name.  I don't have enough time to stitch around all the letters.  Good excuse to watch some movies. 

The wedding quilt kind of came to a stand still, and the wedding is this weekend.  Needless to say that will be another late project.  I need to get it back into my current projects and get it off no later then the first of the year.

I did get my charms off for the Huge Color Wheel Charm Swap.  Some angels had to fill in a few spots and so they should come back the end of the week.  I am planning to make the Warm/Cool quilt  over at In Color Order.  I have really liked this quilt but not enough scraps to make, now I will have a good start, only need to cut a few FQ's to make enough charms for the HST's.

Along with the pillowcases I plan to work on a old UFO.  Colorbrick, a QAL from Stitched in Color.  I started two of these a long time ago and decided to pull one out and finish it up.  One change i made to the pattern is I cheated and used a white Jelly Roll instead of cutting yardage.  So the sashing is a little bit bigger then the pattern dictated. 

So this week I intend to work on pillowcases and my Black, White and Red Colorbrick UFO. 

No comments:

Post a Comment