background

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Free-Motion Quilt Project......

Today the first post in the Focus on Free-Motion Quilting from the Sew Inspired blog popped up.  I have to say that after reading Vicki's post I am motivated and need to make the time to work on my free-motion quilting.  Almost a year ago I participated in a class at a LQS and fell in love.  Free-motion quilting is fun and addictive.  Sad to say I have not made the time to practice since that class and FMQ does take practice.

Over the next couple days I need to plan a project for the FFMQ course.  I am thinking of a wall hanging or a mini-quilt.  I want to plan a project that I can finish by the end of the month.  Maybe something to hang in my new sewing area!! 

Christmas Break ( I refuse to be PC and call it Winter Break! ) offically is over tomorrow.  These few weeks seemed to have flown by, but the kids are ready to go back.  They are starting to get bored and lazy.  Jacob ( 7th grade ) has some new classes this quarter and he is looking forward to having Science instead of Social Studies.  He did good in SS but he enjoys Science.  Zoe ( 3rd grade ) is looking forward to Girl Scouts.  Cookie selling starts at the end of the month and she wants to earn some patches this year.  Last year it was hard to get out to sell with Adena being 4 months old and dad away for work. 

Hopefully I can get some pictures this week on the few projects I am working on at the same time.  Maybe even some work I plan to finish Friday night when I go to Girls Night Out at my LQS.  I have two baby boy quilts that I hope to finish.  I am also working on my list of things I want to focus on for 2012.  I need to write them down so I will be accountable.

This is my husbands quilt and he wants me to FMQ this one, I am thinking stars.  I have had the top done for several months and even basted for months.  I am a little scared of doing FMQ for the first time, so Vicki's course is encouragement for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment