background

Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday update..

The Mario quilt pictured in my last post is getting quilted.   I am quilting it the same way I did Zoe's b-day quilt.  (Don't have a picture to upload!)  Working with a large quilt is hard on my shoulders and back.  I adjust my chair but it dosn't work for long. 

I am cutting out the squares for the Mod Pop QAL .  I am using some FQ's in yellow and grey I purchased from Hobby Lobby. 

"Rainbow Fizz" is coming along, slowly.  I finally have all the row pieced together and I am working on getting them sewn together, then sewn into a top.  Most of the petals are on, so I can sew them down when the top is all together.  I need to take some pictures to post my progress. 

In about 7 weeks hubby and I are going away for our 15th anniversary!!  My sister is coming to stay with the kiddos so they don't miss school.  Some of the prep for the trip has been getting my laptop "cleaned" and "tuned-up".  I am trying to teach myself digital scrapbooking.  All of the crafting that I do has been self-taught, but I may have bit off more then I can handle when it comes to technology.  Up until the littlest kiddo was born, I was an avid scrapbooker.  She gets into everything!!  So I think it is time to go digital.  I am also tired of the mess from traditional scrapping.  My cousin has a digital scrapbooking blog that I have stalked for a time.  I love her layouts and love that she is current and up to date with her scrapping.  Something I have not been able to say for over 10 years!!

No comments:

Post a Comment