background

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Farmer's Wife

I seem to be a sucker for Quilt-A-Longs.  I found a couple more that I want to keep track of and maybe participate.  The first is  the Farmer's Wife.  I baught this book a while ago and did one block all by hand.  With all the little pieces to piece together it seems to be easier.  I am using Canning Day from Connecting Threads.  I have two sets of FQ's and some yardage.  This should be plenty to make all 111 6" blocks. 


Block #108Windmill
I am not doing these in any certain order other then picking blocks that I have already made templates. 

The second QAL that I came across uses layer cakes.  Only the fabric requirements have been posted so I am not sure if I will need the second layer cake.  One patterned and one solid.  I am hoping to use a layer cake and yardage that I already have for the solid layer cake.  I am going to keep an eye on the blog to see when more is posted about the quilt.

Among all these QAL's that I am getting into I need to work on a baby quilt for Amber.  Her baby will be the first of the next generation.  Amber is the oldest of my nieces and nephews and this will be her first.  I believe that she is 27.  I hope her mom is looking down on her with pride and that she thinks of her family often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment