background

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Skillbuilder quilt

Today I came across a new blog that I fell in love with.  When I read through the posts about the QAL or skillbuilder blocks, I knew I couldn't pass it up. 
The goal is to make 36 12" blocks ending in May 2012.  A queen size quilt was suggested but I think I am going to make two twin quilts for our king size  bed.  So with that in mind I will be making them with black and white fabrics and a little red thrown in for pizzaz. 
I will be using fabrics from my stash to make these skillbuilder blocks.  Speaking of my stash, I found some small FQ bundles (5 in each) that I want to make into some charity quilts.  I want to use the same idea/pattern I used for the QC101.  The zig-zag quilt I posted yesterday.  I found 3 of these bundles that I want to use, and I should have the solids I need to go with these FQ.  That means that todays brainstorming will yield 5 quilts from my stash!!  Now that feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment