background

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Beware when changing your needle!

Late Friday night when I started to change my sewing machine needle, it dropped down inside.  I had to take a few more screws out to get to it but I finally got it out.  In my concern for my needle dropping down inside I must have flung the needle clamp screw.  I searched and searched but could not find it.  Saturday I drove to 3 different places to be given the screw, told I needle to order one then, the last location said yes they had it but I needed my machine to make sure it was the right one.   I wanted to cry, if only I had brought my machine!! I wanted to work on my April doll quilt today during General Conference but no such luck.  I dragged out the old Singer 533 to give it a try.  I need to play with it before I actually work on a project.  I really wish I had a manual for it, I may just need to order one on-line.  In the morning I am going to pack up my machine and take it back to the third location to see if we can find the correct screw.  I will buy the one on order to have as a backup.  I now know not to take the screw all the way out to change the needle. 

March doll quilt
  The theme was red and white.  The finished size is a little small but I had stitched the two center hearts and hand quilted on the border around the hearts.  I had a hard time letting it go.


April doll quilt
My partner to swap with is Dragonfly Nana and I have been wanting to make a ticker tape quilt for a long time so this was the result.  I just need to add the binding and stitch down the pieces of  "ticker tape".  This is going to be another quilt I have a hard time letting go.

No comments:

Post a Comment