background

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Don't panic

That is what I keep telling myself.  I drove around town again yesterday looking for a needle clamp screw, no luck.  I guess I am going to have to wait for the one I have on order.  If I had known it was going to be this hard to get one I would have ordered more then one.  I am trying not to panic with the thought of all I need to sew this month.
I need to start working on the basement.  I think I will try working for an hour after the kids finish homework.  I need to take advantage of any little bit of time I have. 
Last night I tried a recipe from Deanna.  The kids liked it and I think I will try it again.

Deanna's Mexican Chicken  (my name for the recipe)
4 chicken breasts
4 cups of salsa  (I used 1 24 oz.jar)
1 onion
1 can of black beans (drained)
1 can of corn or 2 cups of frozen

My chicken came right from the freezer, so I set the crockpot to high for about 6 hours.  In the last 30 min. I pulled out the chicken to take out the bones and skin (I didn't have breasts so I used 3 quarters).  The chicken came apart and was so tender.  We spooned this mixture over mexican rice.  This is a good food storage recipe.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment